OVERALL STANDARD FEATURES
- Heat Sealing Area - 15 in. X 18 in. (38.1 cm x 45.7cm)
- Manually operated SINGLE aluminum shuttle, clear anodized, on smooth 1” diameter stainless shafts w/non-lube linear ball bearings
- Two hand Banner Opti-Touch safety rated start sensors (not an incorrect single button) per OSHA requirement, ergonomically correct positioning
- Emergency stop (1), includes stationary safety shields
- Heating Elements - 240v or 480v, Large mass flat 1” heat plate w/internal heaters, 3000w
- Seal Platen – precision machined Aluminum, Dupont Teflon Silverstone coating is included
- Electrical Requirements - 3 KW on 220v, 220/240v or 480v; 1ph or 3ph available
- Sealing Pressure – adjustable up to 5,000 pounds, precision stationary support surface for tool shuttle alignment
- Floor Space – 55” X 35” (140cm x 89cm)
- Machine mounted non-mar casters w/height adjustment
- Rigid welded 3/16” steel tubular framework w/powder coat paint white standard.
- NEMA 12 enclosure, rear mounted.
- Stainless steel & Lexan shuttle guards on bottom and sides
- Quick change lift off tooling receivers to provide versatility and productivity; includes SS locator pins for tooling plates
- Weight - 450 pounds (190kg); rugged, durable, not made of angle and sheet metal
STANDARD CONTROLS FEATURES
- Mitsubishi FX3u PLC
- Beijer 10”color touch screen operator interface terminal (OIT-HMI); stores multiple recipes, requires ID/PW sign-in
- On-screen programmable Time and Temperature controls w/alarm limits is standard
- Individualized operator (optional), supervisor/engineer or calibration unique sign in ID/PW for assigned access levels
- Barcode input powered USB port
- Printer port for output of audit trail data and other cycle data.
- Data Logging memory of all sign-on access, changes and UDI process data per each cycle. Memory accessible for manual offloading only. No edits permitted.
- Redundant automatic heater over temperature safety cutoff control circuit, Factory Mutual approved controller, 300F cutoff standard
- Electronic process monitoring with temperature & air pressure sensor fail-safe alarms for validated parameter settings, PW protected.
- Four (4) dual lead special grade thermocouples for control feedback & accurate individual temperature displays on OIT while providing signals to calibration ports for simultaneous reading.
- Alarm screen detail list and alarm warning LED’s on OIT.
- Pressure regulation w/precision manual adjustment & liquid filled precision gauge
- Pressure validation port for easy calibration gage connection to pressure circuit (1)
- Individual thermocouple calibration connectors (4)
- Timer calibration connector (1)
- Eye level controls including HMI screen, reset(s) and others.
- English or Metric units of measure readouts (specify at ordering)
- Password protection for validated recipes & calibration screen
- Air Usage - .35 CFM @ 80 PSI at 4 cycles per minute. Supply @ 100psi with 3/4”+ dia line minimum.
- Air filter (5 micron) included 3/4" NPT inlet.
- Single exhaust port with muffler-filter (20 micron); or for connection to discharge line from room.
Owner’s manual (1 copy), schematics and Atlas Vac programs on memory USB. Sealer is ready for operation upon connection to air and electric power; air filter and gauge included.
Note: Precision machined tooling nests are quoted separately.
15:18 OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Auto Shuttle System; electrically operated for extremely smooth cycle, single speed with gentle acceleration and deceleration of shuttle. Interlocked with Banner hand sensors for safe platen operation. Includes side clear panel guards at shuttle bearing side locations. Reduces operator repetitive motion fatigue and harsh displacement of tray contents.
- Direct Force Sensing System (patented) provides a digital reading of the force (lbs.-force) exerted by the tray sealer press against the tray or blister seal tool area (requires auto pressure regulation and auto shuttle options). Results from adjustments in press air pressure can be directly read on the PLC operator screen. By knowing the lbs-f exerted across the tray sealing tool face, packaging engineers can more closely monitor design variables. Defining the desired lbs-f in a tray sealing protocol can accommodate variations in air pressure, brands or models of tray sealers, and even tooling designs. Speeds validation experiment settings with new package designs. For reference only, not a closed loop system.
- Seal Tool Recognition System; ID electronic sensing feature for accurate program changeovers, requires Process Control System option for pre-programmed menu selections matching the tool ID, no tooling mix-ups ever again. RFID chip on the tooling verifies the use of the correct PLC recipe on every cycle.
- Tri-color tower stack-light. White=OK, Red=heat fault, Blue=air fault (note: Low profile Banner multicolor light standard)
- Stainless steel framework, welded 3/16” rectangular tubing far superior to angle iron and sheet metal, includes stainless steel controls cabinet (special option).
- Light Curtain Operator Safety System. Frees operator to do other tasks while in cycle. Requires Auto Shuttle + Auto Pressure options above. Provides vertical light curtain across protected tool loading area with stationary side guards. Category 3 and OSHA compliant with separate safety circuitry. Light curtain system integrated to press air supply valve and electric shuttle motion circuit for operator access safety. Any light curtain violation will require the cycle to re-home and start over. Eliminates the standard Banner Optitouch hand sensors and is replaced by single green push button to initiate the entire cycle. Standard single channel pneumatic control valves are replaced by dual channel Ross safety rated pneumatic control valve system. Auto Pressure regulation is still provided by standard Festo system per above.
15:18 PROCESS CONTROL & DOCUMENTATION OPTIONS
a) Auto Pressure Process Control System including Mitsubishi PLC & E1032 operator interface, pressure transducer using I/P transmitter for automatic programmed fine air pressure closed loop control with PLC controlled auto regulator by OIT screen setting. Always includes AV standard digital pressure and temperature monitors with alarm system on OIT. Enhanced screen. Provides Auto Air Pressure Control settings on the screen in lieu of standard manually set regulator. Stores multiple recipes and can utilize optional tooling ID sensor system to prevent mix-ups and operator delay or errors on changeovers (see Tool ID System).
b) Seal Parameter Documentation System with above Process Control System including Mitsubishi PLC & E1032, intelligent operator with USB output of pressure transducer, alarms and cut-off external signals in PCL5. Provides external communication port to PCL5 printer for printing parameter information to labels or report document on every cycle (standard). Printer not included (ex. HP Laserjet P2015)
c) Allen Bradley PLC Compact Logix and PanelView Plus 700 systems in lieu of Mits FX3u & E1032
d) Atlas Vac Network System. LAN or PC communication system, requires option a) or b) above plus this upgrade of Mitsubishi Operator interface memory, uploads data by ethernet to client network server for data storage and report functions.
OTHER OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
· Calibration Services, IQ, OQ, other
· Translations of PLC Screens and Manuals
· CE rating certification
· UL listing on controls cabinet