OVERALL STANDARD FEATURES
- Heat Sealing Area - 15 in. X 18 in. (38.1 cm x 45.7cm)
- Manually operated DUAL aluminum shuttles, clear anodized, on smooth 1” diameter stainless shafts w/non-lube linear ball bearings.
- Two hand Banner Opti-Touch safety rated start sensors (not an incorrect single button) per OSHA 1910.212 & 1910.144 requirement, ergonomically correct positioning.
- Emergency stops (2), includes stationary safety shields, yellow/red meets CE, UL, CSA, OSHA , ISO13850.
- Heating Elements - 240v or 480v, Large mass flat 1” heat plate w/internal heaters, 3000w.
- Seal Platen – precision machined Aluminum, Dupont Teflon Silverstone coating is included.
- Electrical Requirements - 3 KW on 220v, 220/240v or 480v; 1ph or 3ph available
- Sealing Force – adjustable up to 5,000 pounds, precision stationary tool base support surface for tool shuttle alignment.
- Floor Space – 68” X 35” (172 cm x 89cm)
- Machine mounted non-mar SS casters w/height adjustment.
- Rigid welded 3/16” steel tubular framework w/powder coat paint white standard.
- NEMA 12 rated controls enclosure, under mounted.
- Components compliant with IEC 60204-1, CE/CSA/UL as applicable to touch protection.
- Stainless steel & Lexan shuttle guards on bottom and sides. Guarding meets OSHA 1910 sub-part 0, 1910.145, EN415-1 & -3.
- Quick change lift off tooling shuttles to provide versatility and productivity; includes SS locator pins for positive locating of tooling plates
- Weight - 650 pounds (204kg); rugged, durable, not made of angle and sheet metal
STANDARD CONTROLS FEATURES
- Mitsubishi FX3u PLC
- Beijer 10”color touch screen operator interface terminal (OIT-HMI); stores multiple recipes, requires ID/PW sign-in.
- On-screen programmable Time and Temperature controls w/alarm limits is standard.
- Individualized operator (optional), supervisor/engineer or calibration unique sign in ID/PW for assigned access levels.
- Odometer and resettable cycle counter.
- Powered USB ports (2) for barcode scanner (not included) entry of UDI, sign-on, etc. Manual input on screen permitted also.
- Data Logging memory of all sign-on access, changes and UDI process data per each cycle. Memory accessible for manual offloading only. No edits permitted.
- Capability to match recipe with barcoded tooling and barcoded device or paperwork during setup of production.
- Redundant automatic heater over temperature safety cutoff control circuit, Factory Mutual approved controller, 300F cutoff standard.
- Electronic process monitoring with temperature & air pressure sensor fail-safe alarms for validated parameter settings, PW protected.
- Short cycle alarm for press cycle interruption, requires Supervisior PW acknowledgement.
- Four (4) dual lead special grade thermocouples for control feedback & accurate individual temperature displays on OIT while providing signals to calibration ports for simultaneous reading, PW protected.
- Individual thermocouple calibration connectors (4). On screen calibration of each (4) thermocouples.
- Alarm screen detail list and alarm warning. Alarm screen history.
- Low profile Banner alarm light for recipe parameter alarms.
- Pressure regulation w/precision manual adjustment & liquid filled precision gauge
- Pressure calibration port for easy calibration gage connection to pressure circuit (1). On screen calibration of pressure circuit.
- Timer calibration connector (1) 24vdc signal.
- Eye level controls including HMI screen, reset(s) and others.
- English units of measure readouts.
- Password protection for validated recipes & calibration screens.
- Air Usage - .35 CFM @ 80 PSI at 4 cycles per minute. Supply @ 100psi with 3/4”+ dia line minimum.
- Air filter (5 micron) included 3/4" NPT inlet.
- Single exhaust port with muffler-filter (20 micron); or for connection to discharge line from room.
Owner’s manual (1 copy), schematics and Atlas Vac programs on memory USB. Sealer is ready for operation upon connection to air and electric power; air filter and gauge included.
Note: Precision machined tooling nests are quoted separately.
15:18 OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Auto Shuttle System; electrically operated for extremely smooth cycle, single speed with gentle acceleration and deceleration of shuttle. Interlocked with Banner hand sensors for safe platen operation. Includes side clear panel guards at shuttle bearing side locations. Reduces operator repetitive motion fatigue and harsh displacement of tray contents.
- Direct Force Sensing System (patented) provides a digital reading of the force (lbs.-force) exerted by the tray sealer press against the tray or blister seal tool area (requires controls option a & b below, auto regulation). Results from adjustments in press air pressure can be directly read on the PLC operator screen. By knowing the lbs-f exerted across the tray sealing tool face, packaging engineers can more closely monitor design variables. Defining the desired lbs-f in a tray sealing protocol can accommodate variations in air pressure, brands or models of tray sealers, and even tooling designs. Speeds validation experiment settings with new package designs. For reference only, not a closed loop system.
- Seal Tool Recognition System; RFID electronic sensing feature for accurate program changeovers, requires Process Control System option for pre-programmed menu selections matching the tool ID, no tooling mix-ups ever again. RFID chip on the tooling verifies the use of the correct PLC recipe on every cycle.
- Stainless steel framework, welded 3/16” rectangular tubing far superior to angle iron and sheet metal, includes stainless steel controls cabinet (special option).
- Air Reservoir, 4.9 gallon ASME certified tank plus ASME pressure relief safety valve to provide boost where air supply and/or plumbing size is deficient.
- Light Curtain, Class 3, OSHA Compliant. Frees operator to do other tasks while in cycle. Requires Auto Shuttle + Auto Pressure options above. Provides horizontal light curtain across protected tool loading area at distances required to meet ISO13849. Class 3 OSHA and ISO13857 compliant with separate safety circuitry and safety controller. Keyence light curtain system integrated to press air supply valve and electric shuttle motion circuit for operator access safety. Any light curtain violation will require the cycle to re-home and start over. Eliminates the standard Banner Optitouch hand sensors and is replaced by single green push button to initiate the entire cycle. Standard single channel Festo pneumatic control valves are replaced by dual channel Ross safety rated pneumatic control valve system. Auto Pressure regulation is still provided by standard Festo system per above.
- Auto Pressure Process Control System including on-screen interface to pressure transducer using I/P transmitter for automatic programmed fine air pressure closed loop control with PLC controlled Festo auto regulator by screen setting. Always includes AV standard digital pressure and temperature monitors with alarm system on OIT. Enhanced screen. Provides Auto Air Pressure Control settings on the screen in lieu of standard manually set regulator. Stores multiple recipes and can utilize optional tooling ID sensor system to prevent mix-ups and operator delay or errors on changeovers (see Tool ID System).
OTHER OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
· Calibration Services, IQ, OQ, other
· Translations of PLC Screens and Manuals
· CE rating certification
· UL listing on controls cabinet