OVERALL STANDARD FEATURES
- Heat Sealing Area - 18 in. X 30 in. (45.7cm x 76.2cm)
- Tool nest height opening up to 4.5” for large trays if needed; others on request
- Manually operated SINGLE aluminum shuttle (clear anodized) on smooth 1” dia. stainless shafts w/non-lube linear bearings
- Two hand Banner Opti-touch safety rated sensors per OSHA requirement, ergonomically correct positioning.
- Emergency stops, includes stationary safety shields
- Heating Elements - 240v or 480v, Heavy flat 1” heat plate w/internal heaters, 6000W
- Seal Platen - precision machined ½” aluminum platen, Dupont Teflon Silverstone coating is included.
- Electrical Requirements – 208v; 220/240v; 480v, w/1ph or 3ph, others available (specify at ordering)
- Sealing Force adjustable to over 10,000 lb-f, precision ground stationary nickel plated steel surface plate for accurate alignment of tooling shuttle under press
- Air reservoir included; 4.7 gallon ASME rated; includes ASME pressure relief safety valve. OSHA approved.
- Air Dump Safety valve for tag out/ lock out, OSHA approved
- Floor Space – 45”W x 55”L (114cm x 140cm), no wasted space compared to old rotary types
- Machine mounted non-mar casters w/height adjustment.
- Rigid welded 3/16” steel tubular framework w/special powdercoat paint; white standard.
- Stainless steel guards on Auto Shuttle models.
- Stainless steel shelving at operator eye level for convenient staging of packaging materials
- Quick change lift off tooling shuttles to provide versatility and productivity; includes SS locator pins for tooling plates. Includes extra shuttle plate mounting holes to fit standard AV 15:18 tooling (2) on shuttle as well as our standard AV 18:30 (1) tooling. Clear anodized surfaces on shuttles.
- Air filter (5 micron) included, ¾”NPT input supply required
- Weight - 1410 pounds (667 kg); 2.72 lb/sq.in. of seal area; built to be rugged, durable (not made of angle and sheet metal), check the weight/sq. in. of seal area on other brands.
- Main PLC controls & power disconnect installed in NEMA 12 enclosure(s) under framework. Enclosure meets NEC, CSA, UL, CE. Main PLC & power controls NOT mounted on skirting or guards as this does not meet the above certifications requiring a rated enclosure.
- Mitsubishi FX3u PLC for all process controls.
- Beijer 10”color touch screen operator interface terminal (OIT-HMI); stores multiple recipes, requires ID/PW sign-in.
- Barcode reader port (powered) for data input, ex. UDI
- On-screen programmable Time and Temperature controls w/alarm limits is standard.
- Individualized operator, supervisor/engineer or calibration unique sign in ID/PW for assigned access levels by administrator.
- USB port (powered) for output of UDI data or input of barcodes with hand held scanner (not provided) on each stroke.
- Data Logging memory of all sign-on access, changes and UDI process data per each cycle. Memory accessible for manual offloading only. No edits permitted.
- Redundant automatic over temperature safety cutoff control circuit, Factory Mutual approved controller, 300F cutoff standard.
- Electronic process monitoring with temperature & air pressure sensor fail-safe alarms for parameter recipe settings, PW protected. All alarms are logged.
- Four (4) dual lead special limits grade thermocouples per ASTM E230-12 table 1 for accurate control feedback & individual temperature displays on OIT while providing signals to calibration ports for simultaneous reading, PW protected.
- Alarm screen detail history list on screen and in memory.
- Low profile Banner multi-color signal light for seal parameter & process alarms.
- Pressure regulation w/precision manual adjustment & liquid filled precision gauge in addition to digital readout.
- Pressure validation port for easy calibration gage connection to pressure circuit. On-screen digital calibration of pressure circuit, PW protected.
- Individual thermocouple calibration connectors. On-screen calibration of each (4) special grade dual channel thermocouples, PW protected.
- Timer calibration connector (1).
- Eye level controls including 10” color touch OIT/HMI screen, reset(s) and others.
- English or metric units of measure readouts (specify at ordering)
- Air Usage 11-13 CFM @ 80 PSI at 4 cycles per minute. Supply @ 100psi with 3/4”+ dia line min.
- Single exhaust port with 20 micron filter; or for connection to discharge line from room
Owner’s manual (1 copy) with operation instructions, maintenance information, recommended spares list, schematics, Atlas Vac calibration document and Atlas Vac PLC programs on CD ROM. Sealer is ready for operation upon connection to correct air and electric power; air filter included. Any additional FAT, or other documents and procedures, may require additional charge based on scope and hours needed to complete.
Tooling nests not included, quoted separately.
18:30S OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Auto Shuttle System; electrically operated for extremely smooth cycle, single speed with gentle acceleration and deceleration of shuttle. Interlocked with Banner hand sensors for safe platen operation. Includes stainless steel side guards over the shuttle bearings. Reduces operator repetitive motion fatigue and harsh displacement of tray contents.
- Direct Force Sensing System (patented) provides a digital reading of the force (lbs.-force) exerted by the tray sealer press against the tray or blister seal tool area (requires controls option a & b below, auto regulation). Results from adjustments in press air pressure can be directly read on the PLC operator screen. By knowing the lbs-f exerted across the tray sealing tool face, packaging engineers can more closely monitor design variables. Defining the desired lbs-f in a tray sealing protocol can accommodate variations in air pressure, brands or models of tray sealers, and even tooling designs. Speeds validation experiment settings with new package designs. For reference only, not a closed loop system.
- Seal Tool Recognition System; RFID electronic sensing feature for accurate program changeovers, requires Process Control System option for pre-programmed menu selections matching the tool ID, no tooling mix-ups ever again. RFID chip on the tooling verifies the use of the correct PLC recipe on every cycle.
- Tri-color tower stack-light. White=OK, Red=heat fault, Blue=air fault (note: low profile Banner multicolor light is standard)
- Stainless steel framework, welded 3/16” rectangular tubing far superior to angle iron and sheet metal, includes stainless steel controls cabinet
- Safety interlocking Lexan safety guard covers, hard wired interlocks. Class 3
- Light Curtain, Class 3, OSHA Compliant. Frees operator to do other tasks while in cycle. Requires Auto Shuttle + Auto Pressure options above. Provides vertical light curtain across protected horizontal tool loading area. Class 3 OSHA compliant with separate safety circuitry. Light curtain system integrated to press air supply valve and electric shuttle motion circuit for operator access safety. Any light curtain violation will require the cycle to re-home and start over. Eliminates the standard Banner Optitouch hand sensors and is replaced by single green push button to initiate the entire cycle. Standard single channel Festo pneumatic control valves are replaced by dual channel Ross safety rated pneumatic control valve system. Auto Pressure regulation is still provided by standard Festo system per above.
18:30S PROCESS CONTROL & DOCUMENTATION OPTIONS
a) Upgrade from standard manual pressure regulator. Auto Pressure Process Control System including additional programming to Mitsubishi PLC & color touch operator interface, pressure transducer using I/P transmitter for automatic programmed fine air pressure closed loop control with PLC controlled auto regulator though OIT screen setting. Always includes AV standard digital pressure and temperature monitors with alarm system on OIT. Provides Auto Air Pressure Control settings on the screen in lieu of standard manually set regulator. Stores 99 programs and can utilize optional tooling ID sensor system to prevent mix-ups and operator delay or errors on changeovers (see Tool ID System).
b) Allen Bradley Compact Logix PLC in lieu of Mitsubishi PLC
c) Wireless Network connectivity.
d) Calibration Services.
e) Translations of PLC Screens and Manuals
f) CE or CSA rating certification
g) UL listing on controls cabinet
h) Alarm horn-buzzer